Thursday, July 16, 2015

Choice to be reborn

This feels like one of those phases, when a doctor has given you a month to live. After which nothing would exist. None of these meetings or conversations, none of these relationships and moments. None of these surroundings would be yours. You'll be really far from smelling this air, tasting these flavours, hearing those sounds, touching all that comforts you. An end to all conflicts, all the searches, all the questions. Nothing would matter anymore. You have a month to live. To speak your heart and live your dreams. To make memories. And in this month you'll have a lot of revelations. You'll know the ones who really value you. You'll know the ones who are waiting for you to be gone. You'll see their efforts - at making your last few days special or learning of ways to let go of you. You'll revel in their attention and count your last times as the number of days go down and the fact seeps in. With a glimmer of curiosity of the afterlife. And then there will be some who'd make you wish that afterlife came sooner, or that you'd like to take them with you or stay back a little longer...

I'm not dying.. But it is definitely a new life a month away..

1 scribbling(s):

ashiot said...

Since you drew the analogy with death, I will express my feelings with the lyrics of song tears in heaven by Eric Clapton:

"Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven"

Post a Comment