Saturday, August 10, 2013

Refuge

I am a reclaimer of yesterdays. Somewhere bridging gaps is all that life demands of me. Nay, I do not wish to embark on new conquests. Nor do I thirst in ambitious diversions. I have lived my glorious days. My land has seen harvests of gold. Rainfalls of love and bountiful showers of prosperity. And when the war came, he swept it all away. He ripped me apart and stole all the jewels. The promised land was rendered barren. My people migrated to greener pastures. But I sought refuge in memories. The texts were burnt, the scholars killed. No evidence remained. A few shards of weapons, a few broken pieces of wood, an epitome of devastation.
Is now where I'll take refuge..

1 scribbling(s):

September Dreams said...

Loved your choice of words Sherry... An epitome of devastation... So beautifully worded! Keep up the great work :)

Post a Comment