Friday, April 15, 2011

Indian shows revisited

Watching reruns of old Indian TV serials that I think were the best. The left Right Left song. Scenes and songs from Love story by Anurag Basu. 10 minute parts of Special Squad on Youtube. The comic capers of Sarabhai v/s. Sarabhai. The amazing evening speed of the hostel wi-fi (coz no one uses it at that time)!

I would like to specially mention Love Story. Had I been a Delhiite from Hindu College, I would have been a hard core romantic freak after watching Love Story. And the songs; one of the few serials to have original composed tracks apart from the main song.
Teri Yaadein, a song very special to me.

There are some title tracks I really love. Could not find them online. 
The music is still fresh in my memory. Milan, Tujhpe Dil Qurbaan (an ancestor of LRL and life in the army), Dhadkan... Sony Entertainment Television and its versatile shows!
Left Right Left is something me and my batchmates in school were crazy about. We discussed the episodes with the enthusiasm of a housewife on a matinee episode of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (I hated that one after 2 years). Rajeev Khandelwal being a heartthrob and whole new young feel. Though LRL lost its charm by having a second season. 

When Star One launched its treasure trove of non-saas bahu serials in Nov 2004, it was a welcome change from the otherwise drab make up ridden, tear shedding scenes. Hotel Kingston, Siddhant, Special Squad, Remix, Family Business, Pyaar ki Kashti Mein; a class apart! Remix was such a favorite. I know some parents who had restricted their kids from watching Remix.

There were some more shows: Challenge, Hip hip hurray, Tara, Chahat aur Nafrat. Lovely title tracks and romantic story lines. And it was not the typical chirping of birds and staring unrealistically into eachother's eyes like today's romantic shows. 

Ahh! I loved watching TV for these shows... Wish to see more such examples.
Let's see what we SIMCians can do to bring about this change.

0 scribbling(s):

Post a Comment