Thursday, March 31, 2011

A home away from home?

Strolling about in the streets of a city that has been flowing in my blood since the past 2 years. It's scorching heat that gets on my nerves, the honking of buses that lead to some respite from the otherwise hopeless scenario of transportation, the un-foodie's paradise. Where nightlife is dead and crashing of sea waves a distant mirage. No homes of the known, all faces anew. Homes, do they even exist here?
It's been two years, well almost. Still you are a stranger. A stranger who stalks my existence, with memories good and bad. A stranger whom I will escape from in a matter of a few months. A stranger whom I will never return to.
I don't know how I stay within your bounds. I don't know how I digest all the shit you throw in my face. I don't know how I tolerate your restrictions. I don't know how I put up with your ever changing rules that I am forced to imbibe. You have mesmerized and hypnotized my loved ones. They speak good of you.
But who can know you better than me. I stay with you. I have seen your real face. I have seen your sufferers. Sadly, I am one of them.
But, for how long will you trap me in your snare? 2 down, 1 more to go.
I wait for the day I will be redeemed of your tortures.
I hate you Hostel!

0 scribbling(s):

Post a Comment