Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Division of labour

My mom often tells me, "Never get married to a lazy man."

Marriage has a very significant phrase attached to it. It is called 'division of labour'. No scope of blame games or over-burdening. You do the cooking, I'll do the dishes. You pay the bills, I'll do the earning. You wash the clothes, I will iron them out. You take the kids to school, I'll pick them up. You take the dog to the vet. I'll get the medicines. You write the article. I'll proofread and make suggestions.

A story of 'You' and 'I'.
You babysitting for I. I taking care of your guests. You making up for I's illness. I covering up your mistakes. You expect of I. I expect of You. You stand for me, I stand for You. Making up for each other's absence, faults, weaknesses and bad times.
But when it boils down to 'Only I' or 'Only You'...

And my mom often tells me, "Never get married to a lazy man." Sigh!

0 scribbling(s):

Post a Comment