The following is my tasklist for the next 5 weeks of internship.
The project I am working on is called Big Bridge. To summarise it collects used computers, refurbishes them and provides them to NGOs with a licensed Microsoft version installed.
- Prepare a research report of recycling and refurbishing computers for the Big Bridge project
- Compare HP, Dell, Nasscom and their methods of tackling e-waste
- Get in touch with corporates and members of Nasscom and get their feedback on the donated computers for Big Bridge. Draft a questionnaire and conduct telephonic feedback.
- Complete a report made by a previous intern. She took NGO feedback. I am supposed to do the Corporate bit.
- Make a 5 minute movie on the Big Bridge programme
- I also have to market the Big Bridge programme for them in a way that more corporates choose Big Bridge over selling their machines to a local scrap dealer.
- Make a presentation of my findings and suggestions to a board of Nasscom members after say 3 weeks.
Office timings otherwise : 930am to 6pm
- I am getting the office Camcorder to make the movie and Gouri takes me to the places I am supposed to shoot. No fending for myself. All I have to arrange on my own is an editing software and a decent script.
- Flexible work atmosphere. I am mostly working from home for this week.
- Few people and peaceful environment, close to home.